Chartered Surveyors in greenford
We are a firm of Chartered Surveyors based in London providing a range of Residential Valuations and Surveys. We are also RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Registered Valuers.
Market VALUATION REPORTS
Shared Ownership & Shared Equity
RICS HOME SURVEYS
Lease Extension Valuation, Greenford, London, UB6
Our leaseholder client instructed us to advise them whether an offer they received for their short lease flat was worth taking. Our Chartered Surveyor undertook an inspection of the property and carried out extensive research to be able to advise fully.
RICS Homebuyer Survey and Report in Greenford, London, UB6
We undertook a Homebuyer Survey on a typical 1930’s semi detached house that had been subject to renovation and extension. This included a large ‘wrap around’ ground floor single storey addition to the side and rear. However, we noted a number of defects and issues that required further investigation regarding the costs of rectification, that needed to be considered before purchase. The main pitched roof had an area of missing and loose tiles, and the underside of the roof covering and roof frame was concealed by sprayed foam. We warned our client that roof timbers under thiscovering are at greater risk of rot due to water penetration and reduced ventilation. Repairs to the covering may also be difficult. Moss was also present to the roof slopes andthiscan lead to blockages in rainwater goods. There was an unseen valley gutter running to the frontandfeatures of this type are vulnerable to blockage and can be a source of damp penetration. The internal chimney breast in the roof void, was found to be affected by dampness, and that this was possibly due to defective roof flashings.
rics home surveys
“Having an independent comprehensive survey done by an RICS member could save you thousands of pounds” (TV’s Phil Spencer, speaking ‘On The House’.
He’s right too. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors understood a Survey and found that on average, home buyers who did not get a Survey done, faced an average of £5750 in repair costs.
The RICS recommend that a comprehensive Survey is carried out and so do the Law Society.
If you’re getting a mortgage though, it’s important to understand what kind of Survey you’re paying for and also whose benefit it is for. The simplest and cheapest kind of Survey your mortgage lender would allow is normally a Standard Valuation Survey. These don’t provide anything like a thorough health check for the property. They often don’t comment on much more than how many types of each room the property has. They do provide a Valuation as that is normally what the lender is concerned about – if you were to default on your loan, is their interest protected by the Market Value. The smaller the amount of mortgage compared to the Market Value, the less they’ll be concerned.
Quite often the mortgage valuation Surveyor hasn’t even been to the property or if they have, they’ve only spent a few minutes in it having a cursory look. Their duty of care is to the lender so you may not even get a copy of their report.
An RICS Home Survey is a far more comprehensive health check for the property and that’s what we do. Furthermore, our duty of care is to whoever appoints us, not to the lender.
market valuation reports
We provide a range of Market Valuation reports, the majority of which are RICS Red Book compliant. Our team have provided thousands over the years and have both a high degree of technical ability and more than the requisite amount of evidence to form their professional opinions.
There are many reasons people need market valuations for example:
- For your own knowledge – Sometimes people are curious to know how much their property is worth, and independent advice from a Chartered Surveyor is usually more credible than that of an estate agent as the former in most instances is more highly regulated
- For probate purposes – As an executor of an estate, solicitors will require an independent valuation of any property interests
- Capital Gains Tax – Accountants may require you to arrange a market valuation to be carried out so that they can calculated any tax liabilities from the disposal of an investment property
- Help to Buy – For those wanting to pay off part of their loan, a market valuation is required each time to satisfy Homes England
- Share ownership – As an owner of a shared ownership property, each time you would like to either purchase more shares in the property or dispose of it, a Market Valuation is required.
- Divorce – Market valuations are undertaken to assess the value of properties so that the court or parties by agreement can then subsequently divide them
- Buying a property – Occasionally, when someone is buying a property, they may want independent and impartial advice as to the value of the property they are buying. This may help them decide whether they are paying the right price
For any of these reasons, the team at Websters Surveyors can help. We have collectively over 75 years of industry experience and have carried thousands of market valuations.
what to expect
Websters Surveyors understand that appointing a surveyor, whether its to value or survey a new house you’re buying or to resolve an issue on an existing property can sometimes be daunting. There can for example be a lot of jargon involved if you’re looking to say extend your lease or if you need a valuation for Capital Gains Tax or Inheritance tax.
At Websters Surveyors we break down the jargon and where possible avoid using language that only property professionals will understand. We use many infographics within our comprehensive valuation reports. Many of our reports are also accompanied by a detailed user guides to help explain many of the issues involved.
Our aim is to bridge the gap between property expert and property owner. We believe a well-informed client helps for the smooth running of either the valuation, negotiation or survey. If all parties can fully understand what is being discussed a favourable outcome is much more likely.