Chartered Surveyors in richmond

We are a firm of Chartered Surveyors based in London providing a range of Residential Valuations and Surveys. We are also RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Registered Valuers.

If you’d like to discuss one of our team providing you with a Market Valuation or Home Survey report, please call us on 020 8017 1943 or e-mail


RICS home surveys

Learn More
court reports

Learn More
statutory tax valuations

Learn More

rics home surveys

Firstly, congratulations on having an offer accepted on a house or a flat you are looking to buy. Presumably that’s why you’re reading this as you’re now considering protecting your investment by getting a health check on the property to make sure it’s everything you’re hoping for. 

Well before you’re booking the removal van, asking your conveyancing solicitors to exchange contracts or deciding which of your children get which bedrooms for certain, you’re likely to be considering which type of Home Survey is appropriate for the property you are buying. 

Our Home Surveys guide, available as a download on all of our Home Survey pages (see our list of Surveys above) is a very useful starting point but feel free to call us if you’d like some individual advice. If you let us know what you’re thinking of buying, we’ll happily look it up online and discuss your requirements in order to advise on what we think is the most appropriate type. Then, it’s your choice. 

court reports

Court compliant Valuation reports of Expert witness Market Valuation reports are provided in support of litigation and other judicial processes. We can provide valuation evidence to Courts, Tribunals and Public Inquiries, in writing and in person.

Quite often, the Court will require that the parties appoint an expert Valuer, often on a Single Joint Expert basis. The solicitor advising you on issues such as Market Valuations for Divorce settlements, Professional negligence or other litigation may advise you before Court directions to secure an Independent opinion of Market Value. 

Though we can be appointed by an individual, normally we would be appointed on a single joint expert basis, to provide a Court compliant Valuation report. 

This means that our duty of care rests firmly with the judicial process so we cannot be swayed by pressure from any of the parties, regardless of who appoints us or pays our fees. Our Valuation reports are completely independent.  

Statutory tax valuations

Getting a Property Valuation can be critical in determining the amount of tax that is payable. 

You may need an Inheritance tax valuation not only to determine the amount of tax payable but also to aid you in securing probate, needed to enable you to sell a property if you wish. 

You may need a Capital Gains tax valuation because you moved a property in or out of a company or because you are selling a property which a gain has been made on. If you own the property in a company name, whilst you aren’t paying Capital Gains tax on the sale for recent gains, you may need a Valuation as of April 2017. 

If you sold your property on Compulsory Purchase terms, it may be that you qualify for Capital Gains tax rollover relief. That doesn’t mean that you’re not paying the tax. Merely that you are delaying paying it. When you do need to pay the tax, you may still need a valuation for a retrospective date. The earlier you get the Valuation report, the better as it will be more reliable than if backdated for a long time. 

If you own a property in a company name that is subject to Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings, you may need a revised Market Valuation to determine which bracket the property falls in for assessment of the tax.

Our Chartered Surveyors and RICS Registered Valuers are able to help.